Friday, September 27, 2013

2012 Hyundai Accent Quick Update 10 03 2011

I am heading off to work soon but I wanted to put up a quick post about my new car so far. Im approaching the 1500 mile mark with no problems. The engine has definitely loosened up and it feels quite a bit more nippy than when I first drove it off the lost.

Handling while not the most sporting is certainly predictable. After a month in the car Im starting to get a feel for where the car is going to go via steering input. Pavement in Bloomington, IN is pretty rough and I certainly feel it but its not horrible for a young guy like me. Personally I wish it was a little smoother especially since Im not trading ride comfort for sharper handling.

Ergonomically the interior has worked really well and everything feels solid. I do worry that the piano black inserts will get pretty scratched over time but I think I can be as careful as possible.

ActiveEco is great on flat terrain but I have abstain from using it in Bloomington because it tries to upshift too many gears without realizing its on an incline. Normal mode has done well and the 138 hp is really appreciated.

Fuel economy has been excellent with high 40s on the highway and near 30s on the hilly terrain of Bloomington in stop and go. Im looking forward to keeping everyone up to date on the Accents progress and how it holds up over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment